Thursday, August 2, 2007

Where has Summer Gone?

Another month has come and gone. It seems like summer just started, when in reality it is just ending. What happened to the days when summer lasted half of the year? I guess that's what I get for grwoing up in the south. We have had an eventful summer. Between visiting family in Texas, visiting family in Virginia, trips to the museum and the MetroParks, I think we have had a lot of outside time. Yet, we still have one more big trip left this summer and it involves us spending a lot of time outside. Our annual trip to the Outer Banks in NC is coming up and I can hardly wait. The kids ask me everyday, "How man days until the beach?" You'd think they were just a little excited about the prospect of a week of nothing but sun and sand. What can I say, they get it from their mama.

I love summer. I love the sun. I love sitting outside in the grass. I love grilled food. I love a hot car. I love flip flop tans on the top of your feet. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I love the extra daylight. I love the smell of sunscreen on my kids faces. I love the squeals of kids when the ice cream truck comes running up the street. I love getting into a pool that has been warmed by the sun. I love fresh vegetables. I just love summer.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I like your clocks--they are so cool! I didn't think that I liked summer until I moved to OH. The temperature is more mild and believe it or not--LESS humid than OK. But you'd know that, being a texan. ;)

Deena said...

I love the summer too. I know what you mean about getting into a hot car--when it's so hot that you get the shivers? Have so much fun at OBX. I'm so jealous.