Friday, December 28, 2007
We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did. C says that "Santa must be very polite since he got me everything I wanted." I guess we got that one right. K is so scared of Jolly Ol' St Nick that the idea that he was in our house to bring presents scared her so much that she clung onto Jana's neck and wouldn't even open presents until she saw that C was getting new toys. I think they were both very happy with their new additions and will be entertained for at least a day or so. C got the Leapster that he wanted and K got not 1, but 2 new babies. She has really become a little girl, toting around her baby dolls everywhere she goes.
We left on Thursday for the 8 hour drive home to see family in Virginia. We had the "opportunity" to get the whole family together to do family portraits this morning. That is always quite a joy. I am glad we only do it every 2 years.
Posted by Drew at 12/28/2007 02:42:00 PM
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Posted by Drew at 12/23/2007 03:49:00 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Posted by Drew at 12/11/2007 10:09:00 PM
Monday, December 10, 2007
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial (pre-lit)
3. When do you put up the tree? For Family Home Evening the Monday after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever we get around to it
5. Do you like eggnog? I will drink it as a social thing (Does that make me a "social drinker"? I guess I may need to talk to the Bishop.)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Waterbed sheets. (Imagine 3 kids running downstairs to see what Santa brought and all that was there, were waterbed sheets. We didn’t even have waterbeds. The “DUH!!!” factor did not kick in for a while and there were three pissed off kids, until we realized there were waterbeds to be covered by those sheets.)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Jana has a couple. One is that really nice Willow Tree stuff.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I only have to buy for Jana since she does most of the other shopping. She will say her Dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for? K is the easiest right now since she is the youngest.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Red Ninja pajamas. They weren’t bad then, but looking back, they were dumb.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Me, the week before. Jana, Thanksgiving???
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? For White Elephant
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham and Peanut Brittle
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Shoes (Kenny Rogers Version), Christmas in Dixie
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes (Even Buddy. Watch the movie Noel.)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Really cool wooden star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People like me that procrastinate and make it crowded the week before Christmas
23. What I love most about Christmas? A special time set aside every year where everyone can remember our Savior and reflect on his birth and life.
24. Any special Christmas traditions? Kids and Jana wait at the top of the stairs while Daddy goes down to make sure that Santa got everything set up and while the camera is getting setup. We also always read the Nativity story from the scriptures every Christmas Eve , right before bed.
25. Do you hang stockings? Absolutely. Right on the mantle over the fireplace. (Should we have one for Projected Child Alpha?)
26. Cider or hot chocolate? Cider (from Fulton Farms)
27. Turkey or Ham 4 Christmas dinner? Ham (Country or Honey-Baked)
28. Feelings on fruitcake? No, thank you.
29. Presents for everyone or exchange names? Jana’s family is too big to buy for everyone. We even started drawing names on my side of the family this year.
30. Best Christmas gift? Watching the kids as they come down the stairs to see what Santa has brought them is enough of a gift for me.
Posted by Drew at 12/10/2007 08:17:00 PM